Our beliefs regarding user privacy and data protection
- All user privacy and data protection are human rights
- ILL IT Solutions has a duty of care to the people within our data
- Data should only be collected and processed when absolutely necessary
- We will never sell, rent or otherwise distribute or make public your personal information
This website and our business is designed to comply with the following national and international legislation with regards to data protection and user privacy:
- UK Data Protection Act 1988 (DPA)
- EU Data Protection Directive 1995 (DPD)
- EU General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR)
This site is therefore likely compliant with the data protection and user privacy legislation set out by many other countries and territories.
Giving your consent
We must ask for your consent to record, use, or share personal information.
What you’re agreeing to:
If you give us your consent by submitting your data, you are saying that we can:
- Record and use your personal information to help with your enquiry about our service
- Share your personal information with employees of the company so that they have the information to undertake the work or provide the service as agreed or to contact you to discuss work undertaken.
If you decide to take the next step and agree to our quote the work will commence.
How you give your consent
How you’re asked for and give your consent depends on which of our services you’re using:
- Email Forms: by submitting an enquiry or contact form you will be giving your consent to ILL IT Solutions to record and to share your personal information with its staff team
- Telephone contact: you will be given the opportunity to give your consent to the recording of personal information about you.
- Booking in form: you will need to complete this if leaving a computer or other device for repair, upgrade or disposal.
How to withdraw your consent
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody or for direct marketing purposes.
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to us at 1 Tolworth Parade, East Road, Chadwell Heath. Romford, Essex, RM6 6YU or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and will have the consent withdrawn.
ILL IT Solutions will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to any third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We will use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting but again this will only take place if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of all the information held on you please write to us at 1 Tolworth Parade, East Road, Chadwell Heath, Romford, Essex, RM6 6YU.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to 1 Tolworth Parade, East Road, Chadwell Heath, Romford, Essex, RM6 6YU or email us email@example.com as soon as possible, We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Personal information that we collect
We collect the following information:
- Full Name
- Contact Information including Postal Address, Telephone Number and Email Address.
- Demographic Information such as Postcode and your preferences.
- We will from time to time collect other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers that we have running.
We collect and uses personal information for the following reasons:
Site visitation tracking
This site uses Google Analytics (GA) to track user interaction. We use this data to determine the number of people using our site, to better understand how they find and use our web pages and to see how they move through the website.
Although GA records data none of this information personally identifies you to us. GA records your computer’s IP address which could be used to personally identify you but Google do not grant us access to this. We consider Google to be a third party data processor (see section 6.0 below).
Disabling cookies on your internet browser will stop GA from tracking any part of your visit to pages within this website.
Although we currently do not allow comment to any posts that we have published on our blog, should this change, the name and email address you enter with your comment will be saved to this website’s database, along with your computer’s IP address and the time and date that you submitted the comment. This information is only used to identify you as a contributor to the comment section of the respective blog post and is not passed on to any of the third party data processors detailed below.
Your comment and it’s associated personal data will remain on this site until we see fit to either
1.) remove the comment
2.) remove the blog post. Should you wish to have the comment and it’s associated personal data deleted, please email us here using the email address that you commented with.
If you are under 16 years of age you MUST obtain parental consent before posting a comment on our blog.
NOTE: You should avoid entering personally identifiable information to the actual comment field of any blog post comments that you submit on this website.
Contact forms and email links
Should you choose to contact us using the contact form on our contact us page or an email link, none of the data that you supply will be stored by this website or passed to / be processed by any of the third party data processors defined above Instead the data will be collated into an email and sent to us over the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP). Our SMTP servers are protected by TLS (sometimes known as SSL) meaning that the email content is encrypted, 256-bit cryptography before being sent across the internet. The email content is then decrypted by our local computers and devices.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. These are mainly found in our Blog posts and How to Articles However they can be used website wide, we would like to make it clear that once you have used these links you would be leaving our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting other sites. We would also like to inform you that other such sites are not governed by this privacy statement in any way and you should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement on the website that you would be visiting to see how they protect and safeguard your privacy and data collected.
Securing your data
We are dedicated to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure of your information’s, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we that we collect when you use our website or within our Shop.
Social media account connection
Whilst we do not need to seek permission from each person who ‘likes’ our page or ‘follows’ us, any information we gather from people from social media sites is handled in accordance with the GDPR privacy guidelines. If you chat with us using Facebook Messenger, we delete the chat history when it’s done and in accordance with GDPR privacy guidelines, we suggest the person emails us so that we can hold the formal connection outside of a social media channel.
How we store your personal information
As detailed in section above, if you submit a comment to a blog post published on this website some personal information will be stored within this website’s database. This is currently the only occasion where personal data will be stored on this website.
Our third party data processors
We use a number of third parties to process personal data on our behalf. These third parties have been carefully chosen and all of them comply with the legislation.
We will report any unlawful data breach of this website’s database or the database(s) of any of our third party data processors to any and all relevant persons and authorities within 72 hours of the breach if it is apparent that personal data stored in an identifiable manner has been stolen. Further information on the reporting of a data breach can be found on the Information Commissioner’s Office website.
The data controller of this website is: ILL IT Solutions, a UK Private Company
Data Protection Officer
Under Article 29 Guidelines on Data Protection Officers, we are not required to appoint a DPO as we ARE NOT:
- Processing data on a Large Scale.
- Regularly and systematically tracking data on or offline.